This position oversees the Groups Department of the assigned campus, ensures all department resources are stewarded well, and that all of their Groups meet our standards of excellence. This position is also responsible for the following:
● Casting and maintaining a clear vision of Group wins.
● Equipping and resourcing Group Coaches and Leaders.
● Scheduling and facilitating regular meetings with assigned campus Groups leadership in order to cast vision, to ensure open lines of communication, and to oversee training, scheduling and shepherding of all assigned campus Groups through our leadership structure.
● Lead recruitment and training of new Group leaders to continually expand our capacity in order to be prepared as the department and church continue to grow.
● Advise volunteer leaders faced with difficult relationship situations in groups and intervene as requested.
● Other duties as assigned.
● May require two to five years of experience leading groups and or teams.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and high-accountability work environment.
● Ability to plan and organize in advance as well as adjust very quickly to any change that might need to be made.
● Ability to perform strategic planning and to execute projects successfully.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on volunteer and staff interaction.
● High-level networking and relational strengths.
● Able to make sound, critical decisions under pressure.
● Able to train and develop teams with an emphasis on team health and growth for organizational expansion.
● Able to self-evaluate, seek and respond to constructive feedback, and maintain self-awareness at all times.
● Must be actively and consistently engaged in groups, serving, & tithing.
Full Time - 40-45 hours/week
Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Groups Director.
Lifepoint Church has a high capacity, driven staff with a culture of excellence and personal development. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching those who are far from God, working within a community, leading volunteers, and promoting innovation through collaboration. They will show a high degree of effectiveness in leadership, communication, and public speaking. The ideal candidate must be excellent at developing leaders who develop other leaders and bring depth to the teams and staff.
Lifepoint Church began in 2005 in Fredericksburg, Virginia, when Pastor Daniel Floyd and a group of approximately 50 people had a desire to make a difference in their community. The largest campus in Fredericksburg remained portable for nine years as the church grew. A new facility was built at the current site on Central Park Blvd. and opened in the fall of 2014. Since its inception, the heart of Lifepoint has been to reach people who are far from God. Lifepoint Church has now expanded to five simultaneous locations, with a growing weekly attendance that reaches over 5,000 people. Pastor Daniel Floyd, a dynamic and creative leader and communicator, leads Lifepoint Church.
The city of Fredericksburg, VA sits amidst the rolling hills of Northern Virginia, just 50 miles south of Washington, DC and 60 miles north of Richmond, VA. Many residents commute to work to Washington, DC or Richmond by car, bus, or rail system.