Frequently Asked Questions
Cost & Payment Questions
What is all included in the trip cost?
- Airfare, transportation (in country or state), airport transportation, food (except in airports), lodging accommodations, translators (if needed), travel insurance, t-shirt, and visa cost (if needed for country)
What is NOT included in the trip cost?
- Souvenirs, gas station snacks, passports (new, renewal or expedited), vaccinations, medications (Cipro or Malaria)
What if I can’t afford the Mission’s Trip, are their scholarships?
- There are NO scholarships for mission trips. If the student is unable to fundraise or pay for the trip this isn’t the season to go. But the team leaders will teach in a team meetings how to fundraise the cost as well communicate why personal sacrifice is important to getting fully funded for the trip.
Are payments/contributions tax deductible?
- Yes, providing the following information: full name of donor and mailing address
If team member is unable to go on the mission’s trip due to unseen circumstances are the contributions refundable?
- No, all contributions are nonrefundable and nontransferable. They contributions will remain towards the general fund of the trip.
Payment Options- Online, Check and Cash
- Click the trip you like to fund
- Click “Can’t Go? Give!” Button
- Complete the payment information found in that link
ALL CHECKS & CASH CONTRIBUTIONS MUST HAVE SPONSORSHIP FORM COMPLETED
- All Checks should be written to Lifepoint Church with trip code in memo line- YEAR/ MONTH/ LOCATION
- Trip Code should be provided from the team member you are sponsoring
- Complete a Sponsorship Form (provided from the team member), place with check in an envelope and mail to the following address
- Mail Checks to Lifepoint Church, Attn: Missions Department, 1400 Central Park Blvd, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Complete a Sponsorship Form (provided from the team member) place with cash amount in an envelope and mail to the following address
- Lifepoint Church, Attn: Missions Department, 1400 Central Park Blvd,
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Who can apply for a mission’s trip?
- In a Group (Tribe) OR a Dream Team Member
How will I know Lifepoint received my application?
- You should receive an email within minutes of applying, confirming that Lifepoint has received your application. If you did not receive this email the application wasn’t submitted properly.
What happens to my application if the trip is full?
- If the trip is full your applications go on a waiting list. If a space opens on the team you will receive an email to let you know. If a leader of another trip is still looking for people for to join the mission trip they are leading they may contact you to see if you interested.
Can I travel to another destination or stay longer at my destination?
- No, for team unity and liability reason that all trip participants travel together
What does the commitment level look like for the Students?
- Team Meetings Commitment
- Leading up to the trip’s departure
- 4 Mandatory Team Meetings leading up to trip
- Learn how to fundraise
- Learn a servants culture
- How to pray with others and how to evangelize
- Grow in team unity
- What to pack
- And much more!
- Financial Commitment
- Personal Sacrifice
- Fundraising commitment- inviting others to join you in this mission, as they aren’t able to go but they can help sow seed in helping the Student go
How did Lifepoint pick their partners?
- LA Dream Center in Los Angeles, California
- Pastor Daniel in his early career of pastoring he was a students pastor and led his first trip newly married to Tammie to the Dream Center
- They are an amazing organization, founded in 1994. The Dream Center is a volunteer driven organization that finds and fills the needs of over 80,000 individuals and families each month. They do this through mobile hunger relief and medical programs, residential rehabilitation programs for adults, a shelter for victims of human trafficking, transitional housing for homeless families, foster care intervention programs, job skills training, life skills, counseling, basic education, Bible studies and more. They work to meet people where they are at, to bring them hope and a way off the streets.
- Serving since 2013, this coming April will be Lifepoint’s 9th time serving with them and our third students trip
- Guatemala Hope of Life International in Zacapa, Guatemala
- Serving in Guatemala since 2012
- Currently have three families from Lifepoint who lives permanently on campus of this organization and serve the missions
- Bryan and Whitney Saulton
- A cook and a nurse at the hospital
- Patti and Phil Monk
- Raise Guatemala children in their home
- Family Style Orphan Care
- Jessica and Matt Holt
- Raise Guatemala children in their home
- Family Style Orphan Care
- We will serve alongside of Lifepoint’s Long term missionaries as well as serving in the hospital, senior center and children with disabilities home, and more
- City. Service. Missions (CSM)
- Took a vision trip in 2016 in DC location
- Taking first mission team 2019
- Amazing ministry they help the local churches understand the high needs that occur in their own back yard
- Vision Statement:
- We envision an urban missions movement: a generation of God’s people equipped to lead, compelled to serve, and committed for a lifetime to the often-forgotten in their communities.
On the Field Questions
What does Lifepoint do to ensure the safety of the students?
- Lifepoint has taken a vision trips to the ministry prior to serving with them
- Team Leaders go through team leader training
- One team leader to ever 7 students
What does communication on the field look like?
- Parents can reach their children by their cell phone
- Parents will also have the team leaders cell phone numbers in case of emergency
- In Guatemala when on site of Hope of Life International students will have access to WiFI to remaining in communication
What does sleeping arrangements look like?
- All arrangements are guys in a room and girls in a room
o A girl leader with the girls and a guy leader with the guys
If my student takes meds, how will they be dispensed?
- All medications are carried by your students and taken by your students
o If a student needs to be reminded to take their medication we can arrange this reminder with the team leaders, but they will not be carry and giving to students
Can we make special arrangements for my student that has allergies and special food requirements?
- All mission organizations are unable to accommodate any food allergies or specific food most likely there are food choices available that the Student can select from
avoiding their allergies.