DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
This position requires a minimum of 4 years of experience working in a professional environment, a minimum of 2 years in managerial or leadership positions in comparable environments, and a minimum of 1 year working in a communications-related field. The ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree; a degree in a communication-related field is preferred, though not required. This position requires the proven ability to demonstrate brand voice and an understanding of the culture and values of Lifepoint Church. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, and able to create clear and meaningful communication plans for a variety of audiences. They are responsible for executing the vision of our Senior Pastors over the following areas: design, film, environments, social media, photography, external marketing, online experience, and church-wide communication from all platforms. They lead the Communications Team in setting the strategy and reaching goals in all aforementioned areas. This person also has a high level of collaboration with all Department Heads and Campus Pastors for global communication initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and management for all staff, volunteers, and activities within their area of responsibility.
- Serve as the technical lead and interview for hiring activities within their area of responsibility.
- Conduct performance assessments and recommend promotion and disciplinary actions for their technical workforce.
- Champion the establishment of ongoing spiritual and professional development for the staff under their scope of responsibility.
- Serve as the thought-leader of the organization within their scope of responsibility, providing recommendations for policies, procedures, and innovative changes to their team’s various structures that will enhance operational and financial effectiveness.
- Enforce the policies and procedures of the organization within their scope of responsibility.
- Collaborate with departments and campuses to create communication plans and messaging strategies.
- Establish communication priorities based on the global calendar of events and current vision and strategy for the church.
- Drive communication and language consistency across the church’s various platforms of communication (social media, website, emails, stage communication, news, etc).
- Develop and execute external marketing campaigns.
- Participate in creative series/event concept and programming meetings.
- Oversee and manage departmental budget as well as the budget for Creative Programming and Big 3 (Easter, Christmas, and At the Movies).
Full Time, 45-50 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Sr. Director of Ministries