The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, and able to oversee multiple, overlapping projects for a variety of audiences. They are responsible for overseeing project execution, timelines, and cross-departmental communication for the following areas: design, film, photography, environments, and church-wide communication across a variety of platforms. They work together with the staff and volunteer team that executes projects across the aforementioned areas, aiding in prioritization and communication throughout the project process. This person also has a high level of collaboration with department representatives and Campus Pastors for global communication initiatives
Though not required, the ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a professional environment, a minimum of 1 year in an administrative or project management position, and/or a minimum of 1 year working in a creative or communications-related field. The ideal candidate has an understanding of basic creative terms utilized by a designer and/or filmmaker. The ideal candidate also possesses a Bachelor’s degree in a communication-related field. This position requires the ability to demonstrate brand voice and an understanding of the culture and values of Lifepoint Church. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- 2 years in a professional working environment
- 2 years leadership in comparable environment
- 1 year experience in a creative or communications-related field
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field is a plus
- Creative Thinker
- Attention to Detail
- Driven to Results
- Connected to Lifepoint Church
- Good representative of a Christ-follower
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Experience writing clear, meaningful, and compelling copy
- Highly organized and systems driven
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all incoming project requests and delivery timelines for design, film, photography, website, and church-wide communication.
- Handle ordering of church-wide print materials such as invite cards, signage, merchandise, and other assets as needed.
- Interact with a variety of project management and communication platforms to include Basecamp, Monday, Slack, and MailChimp
- Take detailed notes during all creative or collaborative meetings with the Communications Team.
- Execute (edit, proof, or write copy for) all email requests driven by global communication plans or requested by departments and campuses.
- Collaborate with departments and campuses to fulfill the goals and requests of said departments or campuses.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills personally as well as the ability to lead the team towards these same skills.
- Able to receive high-level vision and create copy that moves people towards a next step.
- Collaborate on communication and language consistency across the church’s various platforms of communication (social media, website, emails, stage communication, news, etc).
- Schedule and participate in creative series/event concept and programming meetings.
- Work with the Communications Director to manage the Communications Department budget.
Direct-Line Reports to Director of Communications